Abrar Fahad was a Bangladeshi student from University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) who was allegedly beaten to death by some Chhatra League leaders on 7 October, 2019. According to The Daily Star, Abrar Fahad was found dead after Bangladesh Chhatra League men allegedly questioned him suspecting his involvement with Shibir.
13 May, 1998
|Birth place||Khushtia, Bangladesh|
|Death||7 October, 2019|
|Education||University of Engineering and Technology (Buet)|
|Father||Md Barkat Ullah|
Abrar Fahad Wiki/Biography
Abrar Fahad was on in 13 May, 1998 in Khushtia, Bangladesh. His father name is Md Barkat Ullah.
Abrar Fahad Education
He finished early schooling from Kushtia Mission Primary School and later studied in Kushtia Zilla School. He has also studied in Notre Dame College, Dhaka. In 31 March 2018, he started studying in Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet).
Abrar Fahad Family
Abrar Fahad’s father Barkatullah worked as an auditor at BRAC and mother Rokeya Khatun is a kindergarten teacher. Abrar was the elder of two brothers, his young brother Abrar Fayaz a second-year HSC student at Dhaka College. Fayaz would stay at the Dhaka College hostel, near the Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
|Father||Md Barkat Ullah|
|Home address||Khushtia, Bangladesh|
Did you know…
- Abrar always had a dream to become an engineer.
- He got chance to study in medical but he rejected to study in Dhaka Medical because he wanted to be an engineer.
- He was very religious.
- He was praying 5 times (5 waqt namaz) a day to Masjeed (Mosque)
- He was able to read holy book Al Quran.
- He completed full Al Quran 3 times during the Ramadan.
Abrar Fahad Death
The second-year student of the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Abrar Fahad, was killed in the room number 1011 in Sher Bangla Hall. His village home is in Kumarakhali, Kushtia.
Several students of the hall, who had called him from the room number 2011 in the hall on Monday (October 8), asked him not to be named after beating some of the leaders of the BCL with a stamp of playing cricket after questioning Shibir.
BUET Chhatra League co-editor Ashikul Islam Bittu was present in the room during the clash. He said, “Abar was called to room number 1011 around 8pm on suspicion of camp. There we check Facebook and Messenger on his mobile. I found evidence of his likes on some controversial pages on Facebook. He has also contacted some. I found evidence of involvement of the camp.
Later, the fourth-year brothers were informed after receiving the evidence, ”added the BCL leader.
He also said, “After receiving the news, sports secretary of BUET BCL Meftahul Islam Zion, information and research secretary Anik Sarker came there. At one point I came out of the room. Then they may have been beaten. Later today (October 8), at three o’clock in the morning, Abrar died. ”
Professor Zafar Iqbal Khan, principal of Sher Bangla Hall, told reporters, “I get a call from a doctor. Come and see the boy’s body is lying. The doctor said the boy was no longer there. Later, he was sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital with the help of police. ”
He has not received any complaint so far,” he said. Police are investigating the incident. They will be all kinds of support from the administration. ”
BUET doctor. Masuk Elahi said, “At three o’clock in the night, the students in the hall called me. I went to the hall and saw the boy lying on the stairs. By then the boy was dead. I see signs of numerous injuries all over his body. ”
Requesting anonymity, a colleague of the deceased Fahad said, “After finishing tuition I came around 9 pm. Abrar was not in the room then. From others, I know that he was summoned by the brothers of Chhatra League to room # 21. Later in the night, at one of the halls, Abrar asked if we knew what we knew. Then he told us to go to the stairs room. We go there and see Abar lying down. Later, the doctor came and declared him dead. ”
Additional Deputy Commissioner of the Lalbagh Zone Kamal Hossain told reporters,“ I came to the scene after receiving news from the Hall administration. I came to see the boy’s body. Later, they were rescued and sent to Dhaka Medical College. Following the due process, next steps will be taken. ” (Source: The Daily Star)
- Abrar’s father Burkat Ullah has filed a murder case against four people at Chawkbazar police station.
- Nine members of Chhatra League Branch of the University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) have been arrested in connection with the murder.
- Students from various universities across the country staged demonstrations on their campuses and demanded exemplary punishment for the murderers of BUET student. His death sparked protests on the campus of BUET and Dhaka University.
- Several hundred students of Dhaka University staged a protest rally at the base of the anti-terrorist Raju sculpture.
- Teachers and students of Jahangirnagar University have also staged human bonds on campus demanding the death sentence for Abrar’s killers.
- In Khulna , students of Khulna University barricaded the highway in front of their campus with black badges and made a human connection to the main gate of the university and protested the murder of Abara.
- In protest of the abduction of Abhadur Fahd Students of Rajshahi University protested. Students also blocked the highway at Rajshahi-highway for half an hour.
- Students of Shahjalal University of Science and Technology also performed a human bond in front of the main gate of the Sylhet campus. Later, the students staged a protest march that paraded the Sylhet-Sunamganj highway.