Fred Johnson (born June 5, 1997) is an American football tackle who is currently a member of the Philadelphia Eagles in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Florida.
|Born||June 5, 1997|
|Birth place||West Palm Beach, FL , USA|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
Early Life and College Career
Fred Johnson was born on June 5, 1997. He attended Royal Palm Beach High School in Royal Palm Beach, Florida. He played football for the school, and he was named an All-State honorable mention as a senior in 2015.
After graduating high school, Johnson enrolled at the University of Florida to play college football. He played for the Florida Gators from 2015 to 2018. During his time at Florida, he played in 50 games and started in 36. He played primarily as an offensive tackle, but he also saw time at guard. He was a part of the Gators’ team that won the 2017 Outback Bowl.
After going undrafted in the 2019 NFL Draft, Johnson signed with the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent on May 2, 2019. He made the Steelers’ initial 53-man roster but was waived on October 11, 2019. On October 14, 2019, Johnson was claimed off waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals. He played for the Bengals for two seasons, appearing in 23 games and starting in seven.
On March 14, 2022, the Bengals placed a restricted free agent tender on Johnson. However, on March 22, after signing the tender, Johnson was released. On April 4, 2022, Johnson signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was waived by the Buccaneers on November 1, 2022.
On November 8, 2022, Johnson was signed to the practice squad of the Philadelphia Eagles.
There is not much information available about Fred Johnson’s personal life at this time.
- “Fred Johnson College Stats”. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- “Fred Johnson”. NFL.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- Varley, Teresa (October 11, 2019). “Steelers sign Moncrief, waive Johnson”. Steelers.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- “Bengals claim G Fred Johnson”. Bengals.com. October 14, 2019. Retrieved November 11, 2022. Marcum, Jason (November 6, 2020).
- “Bengals place Fred Johnson on Reserve/COVID-19 list”. CincyJungle.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- Marcum, Jason (November 20, 2020). “Bengals activate Fred Johnson from Reserve/COVID-19 list”. CincyJungle.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- Williams, Charean (March 22, 2022). “Bengals release Fred Johnson”. Pro Football Talk. Retrieved November 11, 2022. Smith, Scott (April 4, 2022).
- “Bucs Sign G/T Johnson”. Buccaneers.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.
- Smith, Scott (November 1, 2022). “Bucs Waive Johnson from Practice Squad”. Buccaneers.com. Retrieved November 11, 2022.