Kyron Johnson (born July 24, 1999) is an American football outside linebacker who currently plays for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Kansas and was drafted by the Eagles in the sixth round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
|Born||July 24, 1999|
|Birth place||Arlington, Texas, USA|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
Early life and high school career
Johnson was born on July 24, 1999, and attended Lamar High School in Arlington, Texas. During his senior year, Johnson was taken off the field on a stretcher during a game against North Crowley. Despite this setback, Johnson received offers from Kansas and SMU, ultimately committing to Kansas on June 2, 2016.
During his freshman year at Kansas, Johnson primarily played on special teams, recording 17 tackles in eight games. He became a starter in his sophomore year and made his career start against Nicholls. After the COVID-19 pandemic-shortened 2020 season, Johnson decided to return for a fifth season due to the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility for athletes affected by the pandemic. In his super-senior year in 2021, he was named second-team All-Big 12.
Johnson was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the sixth round (181st overall) of the 2022 NFL Draft. At the Kansas Pro Day, Johnson measured at 6 ft 0+3⁄8 in tall, weighed 231 lb, and ran a 40-yard dash in 4.40 seconds. He signed a four-year contract with the Eagles on May 5, 2022.
During his college career at Kansas, Johnson played in 51 games, recording 128 tackles, 12.5 sacks, and 22.5 tackles for loss.
- “Arlington Lamar’s Kyron Johnson, who left field on a stretcher Friday, is ‘A-OK'”. DallasNews.com.
- “Kyron Johnson Recruiting profile”. Rivals.com.
- “Kyron Johnson player profile”. KUAthletics.com.
- “2021 Big 12 Football Awards Announced” (PDF). Big12Sports.com.
- “Kyron Johnson stats”. Sports-Reference.com.
- “2022 Draft Scout Kyron Johnson, Kansas NFL Draft Scout College Football Profile”. DraftScout.com.
- O’Donnell, Meghan (April 30, 2022). “Eagles draft LB Kyron Johnson with the No. 181 overall pick”. PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved March 26, 2023.