As-Sunnah Foundation is a non-political, non-profit government-registered organization dedicated to education, da’wah and total human welfare. Registration Number: S-13111/2019. It was founded by Sheikh Ahmadullah in 2017. He is directly managing the company as chairman. This institution is a teacher of humanity, an ambassador of people’s liberation and peace, an ideal of human service, following the footsteps of the Holy Prophet Muhammad SAW, serving humanity, social reform, transmission of great ethical consciousness, continuous implementation of various programs to form a clean mentality, and above all, making efforts to build an ideal welfare society. is going One of the goals of As-Sunnah Foundation is to build a life and society based on the Qur’an and Sunnah and to propagate and spread pure knowledge. Our policy is to adopt a moderate approach based on the Qur’an and Sunnah along the path of the Salaf Saliheen.
|Type||Non Profit Organization|
Principles and ideals
- As-Sunnah Foundation is based on the Sunnah of the Holy Qur’an and Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
- Accepting the Qur’an-Sunnah in the light of the interpretation of the Salaf Salihin.
- To uphold the Aqeedah and vision of Ahlus-Sunnah Wal-Jama’ah. Calling for faith free from shirk and deeds free from innovation.
- To work for the unity and solidarity of the Ummah.
- Avoiding marginalization as much as possible and adopting a moderate approach on controversial issues.
- Abstaining from political actions and positions and working for the greater good of all irrespective of party affiliation.
Aims and objectives
- In the light of the life philosophy of Rasulullah (sallalahu alaihi wa sallam).
- (a) Institutional and sub-institutional Islamic and general education and vocational training initiatives throughout the country, particularly in the relatively neglected sections of the society.
- (b) service to humanity and
- (c) The aim of As-Sunnah Foundation is to gain the pleasure of Allah Almighty by encouraging good deeds and conducting dawa activities to prevent evil deeds.
As-Sunnah Foundation works mainly in three sectors – Education, Service and Da’wah.
- To develop wise scholars and dedicated Da’i il-Allah, modern curriculum and textbooks containing the basic teachings of Quran-Sunnah and establishment of madrasas.
- Organizing competitions and prize distribution on education, culture and various social and life oriented issues. Higher Scientific Research Center. Organization of different term Islamic education courses for working men and women.
- Establishment and management of schools, colleges, universities and technical schools keeping the spirit of As-Sunnah at the center.
- Establishment of joint schools for the spread of basic education at the pre-primary level.
- Providing tuition and other incidental expenses to prevent children from poor families from dropping out of school.
- Service activities Providing financial support for self-reliance along with training in handicrafts, machinery, technology, farm management to eliminate unemployment and poverty alleviation.
- Providing relief assistance to affected areas from time to time and during natural calamities.
- Medical assistance to patients unable to afford medical expenses. Collecting unused medicines and distributing them among the needy patients through various booths. Distribution of Iftar materials and organization of Da’wah among the needy during Ramadan. Distribution of Fitra, clothes and Eid materials on the occasion of Eid among the needy.
- Organized sacrifices on behalf of the wealthy and distributed among the poor. Distribution of earning tools like rickshaws, sewing machines etc. among the needy.
- Installation of tube wells and reservoirs in deprived areas of fresh water. Plantation and maintenance of more productive trees in the courtyards of needy families and residential madrasas for environmental protection and self-reliance. Providing multifaceted training and support to Madrasa students to make them self-reliant. Assisting and rehabilitating street children and disabled.
- To bear the expenses of widows and to educate and bring up orphans by assuming guardianship until they become adults.
- Da’wah activities Construction and management of ideal mosques helpful in building a peaceful and welfare society.
- Organizing weekly, monthly, annual and occasional waz mahfils, free exchange of views and discussion meetings in mosques, madrasas, district auditoriums, upazila parishad meetings, field etc.
- Publication and dissemination of original and authentic books highlighting pure Islamic knowledge, belief, principles and views.
- Taking initiatives to eradicate shirk-bid’at, marginalization and extremism. Promotion on social media containing documentaries of topical discussions. Writing, translating, publishing and promoting books highlighting the excellence and beauty of Islam for non-Muslims.
- Taking multi-faceted measures to eliminate religious and social prejudices and prevent bad culture. Managing the Family Counseling Department.
- Establishment of open ‘call center’ for religious inquiries and consultations. Establishment of Muslim Youth Club.
- Da’wah training for imams and khatibs. Construction of Islamic cultural center for children and teenagers. Establishment of library. Shariah Solutions Division.
Its source of funds and income
- The foundation started with the property and funds purchased with the donations of the founding members.
- One time and regular donations from members, supporters and well wishers. Earned from any project of the Foundation.
- Grants made by the public in a particular sector.
- Zakat, Fitra payable by well-to-do Muslims. Amount collected in special sectors including Iftar and Qurbani.
- Grants and financial assistance received from public or govt sources.
- 5-10% administrative cost deducted from the respective project for managing various projects.
- It is spent in the sector for which the donors donate.
- Money from one sector is not spent on other sectors.
- 100% of the money collected in the Zakat Fund is distributed among the beneficiaries.
- A detailed income-expenditure account is maintained after each project is completed.
- The income and expenditure accounts of the Foundation are audited by a Chartered Accountant once a year.
- All financial activities of As-Sunnah Foundation are monitored under the supervision of a team consisting of accounting experts.
The Foundation has started a madrasa with a combined syllabus of general and religious education with the aim of producing renowned Islamic scholars and up-to-date leaders. The structure of this madrasa is built in such a way that after reaching a certain level, the necessary religious knowledge is acquired. After this, the student can get admission in the general education institution, if he wants, he can continue his higher education in the madrasa. The foundation will also start the work of establishing Islamic schools and colleges in phases In-Sha-Allah. The Foundation has started a madrasa with a combined syllabus of general and religious education with the aim of producing renowned Islamic scholars and up-to-date leaders. The structure of this madrasa is built in such a way that after reaching a certain level, the necessary religious knowledge is acquired. After this, the student can get admission in the general education institution, if he wants, he can continue his higher education in the madrasa. The foundation will also start the work of establishing Islamic schools and colleges in phases In-Sha-Allah.
By the grace of Almighty Allah, in just two years, As-Sunnah Foundation has been able to get a massive response in promoting online and offline da’wah and Pure Deen among Bengali speakers. Thousands of HD videos on various religious topics have been uploaded on the Foundation’s verified YouTube channel and verified Facebook page. From which crores of people have benefited. A series of live weekly Q&A sessions titled ‘Sharai Resolves’ are held from our verified Facebook page and YouTube channel to answer the dini queries of common people. About 100 episodes of this hour-long show have been aired so far. A book titled “Morning and Evening Dua and Zikr of Rasulullah (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam)” and a pocket card titled “Masnoon Dua and Zikr after Five Prayers” have been distributed over two hundred and fifty thousand copies. Also 28 thousand copies of ‘Ramadan Planner’ have been distributed.
A brief description of the services done by the foundation since its inception:
- Qurbani for all: 629 cows/goats were sacrificed by the wealthy and meat was distributed among 16,193 needy families.
- In times of Corona: 1003 Uber riders and 300 CNG drivers have been given cash assistance of Rs 1,000.
- 50 small traders who have lost their capital due to covid-19 have been provided with 1 van and capital of Tk 5000 in cash and block-batik training and distribution of necessary materials to 100 women is underway.
- A month’s worth of food has been distributed to 4,000 families.
- Distribution of flood relief: Relief materials were distributed to more than 1500 water-affected families in various flood-affected districts of North Bengal and cash assistance was given to 150 families and various flood-affected mosques and educational institutions.
- Khail and husks have been distributed among the cattle owners who have been starved or semi-starved by the floods. 30 houses and 16 toilets and 16 tubewells have been installed for flood victims in Sujan Para Char of Sariakandi police station in Bogra district.
- Iftar distribution: Iftar items were distributed among 105,585 fasting people across the country.
- Distribution of winter clothes: Winter clothes have been distributed to 23,280 people across the country.
- Distribution of food items: 12,500 kg of rice has been distributed among 1,250 needy families in several poverty-stricken districts.
- Installation of tube wells: So far 112 tube wells have been installed in remote areas across the country.
- Sponsoring Orphans and Widows: As-Sunnah Foundation is undertaking all the responsibilities including maintenance and education of 21 orphans through various sponsors.
- Plantation: 65,792 high yielding tree plantations have been planted in the courtyards of residential madrassas and homes of needy people in remote areas for environment protection and self-reliance of low-income people and for charity.
(Disclaimer: This article is written by a fan and unofficial volunteer of As-Sunnah Foundation. All the information is collected from available online sources, if you see any mistake or error, please contact us)